Monday, April 23, 2012

3 Things You Must Know About Your Financial Advisor


Are you currently working with a financial advisor? Ask them these 3 questions and you may find out that you don't have an "Advisor" at all!

1.)  What is their educational background? Many financial advisors have NO educational background in finance or business. Would you trust your medical Dr. if they had never studied medicine? 

2.)  Are they a Certified Financial Planner (CFP)? In the city where I practice, there are only 7 or 8 in a city of over 100k people according to www.cfp.net. Do you trust other professionals if they do NOT have the appropriate credentials or certifications?

3.)  How are they compensated? Most financial advisors receive some or all of their income by selling high cost financial products. Advisors who are really salespeople have built in conflicts of interest. How do you really know if what they are recommending or want to SELL you is in your best interest or theirs?


My answers to the above:

1.) I have a degree in Finance and also a MBA.

2.) I am a Certified Financial Planner.

3.) I do NOT receive any of my income from selling financial products. I’m only paid for providing expert, objective financial planning advice to my clients.

NUFF SAID!!! For more go to www.jasonWqualls.com

No comments: